Automotive Molding | Windshield Molding | Exterior Moldings and Trims for Classic Cars and Trucks
You don’t realize how important automotive molding is until your car is missing it. Molding, trims and weatherstrips are crucial for defining the looks of your classic car or truck and an essential part of any restoration project. Without exterior molding, your beautiful ride can look old and underdressed. Not to worry, because with hundreds of exterior molding products on our inventory, you can maintain your car in perfect condition. At present we mostly have windshield molding for most classic car makes and models, with many more products including exterior trims, side moldings, window weatherstrips, rain channel molding coming soon.
What is Automotive Molding
Molding is a decorative component of the exterior body of a car, truck or SUV. Simply put, it is a profiled strip of plastic, chrome or hard rubber which can be located at different body parts; including windows, sides, fenders, and windshield. The molding is glued to the body at vulnerable places such as doors. It protects the body from scratches and damage from rubbing against other cars and objects.
Why Your Classic Car Needs New Molding
Automotive molding has an aesthetic appeal. It covers the gaps between glass and metal and between panels with increased clearance. Side moldings may be installed along the middle and bottom of doors and at the corners of bumpers to protect the body during minor collisions and side scrubs.
How to Install Automotive Car Molding
The installation method depends upon the type of molding and where it is going to be installed. Side molding is usually self-adhesive or is glued to the body and supported with duct tapes until the glue dries up. Windshield molding, window weatherstrips, and rain channel molding are installed using clips. To install cast convex molding, prepare the surface by washing and degreasing the area and let it dry before applying the adhesive.
How to Find Molding for Your Classic Vehicle
- Use the intuitive filter menu to select your car’s make, model, year, and the part you are looking for
- Select the product and recheck the fitment section at the bottom of each product page
- Most exterior parts are ready to ship and are delivered within 10 business days
Why Buy Exterior Molding from Collectors Auto Supply
- A Proper OEM Fit: Our components are modeled from OEM molding to provide an easy and spot-on fit.
- Built to Last: We use only top-grade materials and implement strict quality assurance so the moldings you buy from us are durable and resilient.
- Vast Inventory: You can get exterior molding and weatherstrips for your Ford, Chevrolet, Mustang, Lincoln, Cadillac, Dodge, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, or other classic cars.
- Over 20 Years of Experience: We have been helping car collectors fuel their passion by supplying auto parts for more than two decades.
- Bulletproof Guarantee: The exterior parts you are buying are guaranteed for workmanship and material defects. They are assured by Collectors Auto Supply’s 3D promise and trusted by more than 100,000 satisfied customers.
Browse the most extensive variety of moldings, trims and weatherstrips that are manufactured by classic car experts who are as passionate about restoring old vehicles as you. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you don’t find what you need.