Full Contest Guidelines & Rules
WIN $1,000 IN OUR GET A LIFT GIVEAWAY!
Every custom car tells a story. It can be a family heirloom, lovingly passed down to the next generation. Or a way to remember our youth. Or a passion project where every last detail must be just so. Whatever your restoration means to you, we can help you get it on the road.
10 GRAND PRIZES
$1,000 towards the completion of your vehicle, given away each month for 10 months.
BONUS PRIZES EACH MONTH
Every month, we'll switch up the bonus prize winners funniest story, toughest restoration or even a random draw.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Submit a story that shares your passion restoration project. We’re looking for the most real and authentic stories, that remind us why we do this. Let us see everything, from the passion to the hard work, to the beauty of a perfectly restored classic.
Your story must include:
- What’s the vehicle, and how’d you come to be working on it?
- What help is needed with the restoration
- What are some unique challenges with the project?
- A quick description of the restoration. Is it…
- Restoring to original
- Getting it to drive
- Custom all the way baby! More power, bigger tires and wheelie bars
- Something else entirely
- How would winning help with your restoration?
- What’s the plan? Will this be a show car? Will you drive it every day, or race it on weekends? Or is it a once-in-a-lifetime gift for a loved one?
Shooting your story
Grab your phone or camera and shoot a video that shares your story, or your slideshow presentation with photos and voiceover. It can be any length you want, from 30 seconds to 10 minutes or more, as long as it answers the 6 questions above.
3 Ways to enter
- Make your own video
- Shoot video(s)
- Edit it together, however you like
- Upload it here:
- Shoot videos, let us put them together
- Shoot multiple video clips
- Label or name them to show what order they should be in
- Upload them here:
- Create a photo slideshow with voiceover
- Take photos with your phone, or use photos you’ve already taken
- Use your device to turn them into a slideshow
- Add a voiceover track to tell your story
- Upload it here:
Tips and helpful resources
We know not everyone is comfortable shooting and editing videos (or has a kid who can show them how it’s done). We want this contest to be as accessible as possible to everyone, so here’s some tips and help.
How to Create and Edit a Video?
Here are some basic tips to consider in your planning:
Computer - Mac (editing only)
Computer - Windows/PC (editing only)
Phone - iPhone (record and edit)
iPhone Video recording instructions
iMovie instructions (editing): https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/imovie-iphone-3680016/
Phone - Android (record and edit)
How do "i" create a slideshow?
Computer - Mac
Computer - Windows/PC
Several options exist depending on operating system. Google is probably the most user- friendly, and is available for any computer type: https://photos.google.com/ Here are some basic instructions to get you started: https://www.lifewire.com/create-google-photos-slideshow-4177771
Phone - iPhone
iMovie instructions: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/create-new-movie-project-imovie-your-iphone-0179591/
Phone - Android
Android: Here is one example of an application to use: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-create-video-slideshow-of-photos-on-android/