If your car’s steering becomes very tight or you notice hydraulic fluid drips below the steering assembly, it’s probably the rack and pinion that are the culprit. Unless you don’t have better ways to work out, you can spare yourself the labor of turning the steering and the rack and pinion assembly replaced or repaired. Collectors Auto Supply is the auto store where you can get top-quality rack and pinion parts for your Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, GMC, Nissan, Toyota, Honda and other classic car makes and models including rare ones.
What Are Rack and Pinion and What They Do?
Rack is a toothed bar while pinion is a gear that engages the rack’s teeth. Together, the two convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into lateral motion of the rack, which turns the wheels. The rack and pinion assembly also contains bellows and bushings. Over time, the rack and pinion may wear out or a bushing may break, making it hard to turn the steering. Whether it is the whole rack and pinion assembly or one odd bellow or bushing that you need, we have got you covered!
Signs that Your Car’s Rack and Pinion Parts Are Faulty
If the steering wheel is hard to turn and produces a grinding sound when turning; or if there is a puddle of red hydraulic fluid underneath the front of your car, there’s almost a 100% chance that the rack and pinion parts are bad. No worries, though, because Collectors Auto Supply carries high-quality rack and pinion parts for multiple makes and models of classic and vintage vehicles. Have your mechanic take a look at the steering assembly and when you are sure, search our store for the part you need.
How to Find Rack and Pinion Assembly and Parts
To find the right part, select your car’s make and model from the left sidebar and you will see all the rack and pinion components available for your vehicle. Make sure you read the fitment section at the bottom of each product’s page and order the part you need.
Why Buy Rack and Pinion Parts from Collectors Auto Supply
- A Proper OEM Fit: All components are modeled from OEM parts to provide an easy and spot-on fit.
- Built to Last: We carry auto parts from top manufacturers and implement strict quality assurance to ensure that the parts you get are free of defects.
- Vast Inventory: You can get rack and pinion assemblies, bellows and bushings for multiple makes and models of collector vehicles.
- Over 30 Years of Experience: We have been helping car collectors fuel their passion by supplying auto parts for more than three decades.
- Bulletproof Guarantee: The rack and pinion parts you are buying are guaranteed for workmanship and material defects. They are assured by Collectors Auto Supply’s 3D promise and trusted by more than 100,000 satisfied customers.
Access our extensive inventory of rack and pinion parts, manufactured by classic car experts who are as passionate about restoring old vehicles as you. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you don’t find what you need.