You can keep driving with those worn out bushings, but only until the friction between your car’s metal parts damages the suspension components. Meanwhile, bad bushings are likely to deteriorate the driving experience and cause vibrations, rattling noises and lack of control. If you hear metal scraping against metal in the suspension parts or the wheels of your car, you should replace the bushings immediately to avoid further damage. Thankfully, you can buy all types of classic car bushings in this section. Shop for OEM standard replacement bushings for your Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, and other classic vehicles and prevent expensive repairs down the road.
What Bushings Are and What they Do
Bushings are small but critical suspension components usually made from rubber or polyurethane. They provide cushioning between metal parts on your vehicle to reduce friction and absorb vibrations. When the bushings become damaged or worn because of age, the metal parts are exposed to friction and heat and can fail prematurely.
What Are the Types of Bushings Used in a Car?
There are many different types of bushings used in your car. These include:
- Radius arm bushing: located at the front and back of the radius arm
- Suspension knuckle bushing: mounted on the suspension and steering joint
- Track bar bushing: help align the front or rear axle with your vehicle’s center line
- Trailing arm bushing: join the axle and pivot point with the body of your vehicle
- Lateral arm bushing: installed on the front strut mounts
- Axle support bushing: fit inside the axle hole to provide cushioning to the wheel hub
- Torsion bar bushing: installed between the torsion bar and the suspension
- Trunnion bushing: used as a cushion between the upper and lower trunnion hubs
Collectors Auto Supply offers all types of bushings for multiple makes and models of classic vehicles.
Buy High Quality Aftermarket Bushings for Your Car
Did your mechanic recommend replacing those bushings immediately? Browse our range of classic car bushings and use the filter menu to select the right bushing parts for your beautiful old ride. We’ll send you the bushings you need in minimum time, so that you may keep driving safely for thousands of more miles.
Why Buy Classic Car Bushings from Collectors Auto Supply
- Top Brands: We carry top auto part brands we have been using for decades without facing any trouble.
- Premium Quality: We use the best materials and implement strict quality control.
- Vast Inventory: You can get all types of bushings for most classic vehicles.
- 30 Years of Experience: We have been helping car collectors fuel their passion by supplying auto parts for more than three decades.
- Bulletproof Guarantee: The bushing you are buying is guaranteed for workmanship or material defects. They are assured by Collectors Auto Supply’s 3D promise and trusted by more than 100,000 satisfied customers.
Browse our variety of classic and vintage car bushings—manufactured by classic car experts who are as passionate about restoring and maintaining old vehicles as you. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you don’t find what you need.